RECIPES : Baked Brie with honey
"As an aperitif with a good fresh seed bread or crackers, you will love it! "
Let’s cook a baked honey thyme Brie.
Baking brie might sound daunting but it’s really easy! Just follow the steps below to get started.
First of all, couple things to know about Brie:
- Flavor and texture changes over time
- When the brie is young (about 20+ days before the sell by date), the interior is firm with a mild flavor. As it ages, the brie becomes creamier and richer in flavor, especially around the sell by date.
📝 Ingredients :
- A whole brie
- Honey from Tracy Bee
- Sprigs of fresh Thyme
- Bread or crackers, depends to you !
If you don’t have honey on hand: no worries: try with a different topping: fig jam, apricot or even blueberry.
🍴 Instructions :
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the brie in a small baking dish ( or wrap a baking sheet with foil and then place the brie rind on the foil)
- Cut the rind from the top of the wheel of the brie. Drizzle honey over the top. If your are a honey lover like me: the more honey on brie the better for you. Top with sprigs of fresh thyme. You can also strip the leaves from the stem and sprinkle the leaves on top.
- Bake the brie in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve the baked honey thyme brie warm with crackers or bread.
- The brie is best eaten immediately !
💡For Extra Foodies
We can choose another cheese even if the brie is perfect! Finally, you can make this recipe on the barbecue, simply make a papillote with aluminum foil and place it directly on the embers.
Time to enjoy !!